cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

804 setup for ISDN...Can I use it on my DSL line?

rjaudon
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering if I would be able to use a 804 that is setup for ISDN on my DSL connection. Would there be any damage to the router if I hooked the DSL line up into the ISDN port? Would it work. What are my options?

Thanks

Rob

3 Replies 3

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use dsl line to connect on bri port only if its configured for ISDL connection on the telco side..\Pl. visit here for more information

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/794/804idsl_dhcp_unnum.html

Pl. make sure to have ISDL line connected to BRI port on 804..Tejal

Thanks for the reply. I understand your reply but I am concerned that if I plug my DSL line into the ISDN port that it might damage it. Would that be the case? After that I will then have to configure the interface correct???

I am a newby to this so if you don't mind helping me that would be great. I kind of need things spelled out for me. Also what other equipment would I need to purchase? I have 4 other PC's to run into the ports but I am not familar with a the DSLAM and 6400 UAC. Here is my setup currently, Dsl line run into the DSL modem which is currently run into a DLINK 704 4 port router and all the PC's into the 4 port router. I want to replace the DLINK with the 804 and need help. Please help.

As i have mentioned, you need to plug the dsl line in to bri port on 804 only if that dsl line is configured for IDSL line..So talk to service provider to wire your existing dsl line for IDSL line..Before that don't plug the existing dsl line (which is not a ISDL line) in to bri port..

Ideally to replace the dsl line that you have, you need 827 router instead of 804 router..You can use 827 to plug the dsl line into directly...