cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

831 router config issue

jhoofman
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to replace an old BayNetworks Access Bridge at a remote office with a Cisco 831 router. This office is connected to the main office via a wireless link utilizing a pair of Cisco Aeronet350's. At the main office we have a Cisco 3640 Router. Currently the Remote site is setup to operate on a a.b.40.x subnet. The main office 3640 router has an a.b.40.2 address on int e1. The old BayNetworks Bridge has an IP of a.b.40.1 The Main office Aeronet350 has an IP of a.b.40.3 and the Remote office Aeronet350 has an IP of a.b.40.4

My question is how do I properly config the Cisco 831 router to replace this BayNetworks device?

The 831 router has two Ethernet interfaces. e0 is a four port ethernet switch. e1 is the WAN ethernet interface port.

All the configuration information within the manual is pointing towards the router being used in a DSL or Cable modem configuration. I have been unable to find anything to assist me configuration-wise with my current environment.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

fmachoka
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

to configure your bridged network on your router, follow the stepwise instructions outlined in the following document.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1831/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800ca65a.html

regards

fm

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: