cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

871 ports

m.sir
Level 7
Level 7

On router 871 are 4 ports 1 WAN and 4 LAN. What are diffences of those ports... Can Ihave for all LAN ports different IPs and route between those networks??

Thx

7 Replies 7

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

AFAIK, they are switch ports so you can only have one IP on that router for the LAN ports. The rest of the ports will be connected to end-devices and function simply as switch ports.

Hope that helps - pls do remember to rate posts that help.

Paresh

dbakula01
Level 1
Level 1

just set the ip address on your vlan1 and do a no shut on all your ports and it will work fine

atif.awan
Level 3
Level 3

Yes you can configure each port in a different subnet. You can achieve that by using a unique VLAN per port. The 871 supports up to four VLANs and each switchport could be assigned to a different VLAN as desired.

My experience is, you can configure 2 VLAN's only; the "vlan database" configuration will let you add only 1 VLAN. The switch ports worked well in access-mode, I attemted to configure them in the trunk mode but they have not worked the way I expected.

hello, i have the same router (871) and when i try to create another vlan, i get the following message:

"vlan can not be added. Maximum number of 1 vlan(s) in the database"

with the command "show vtp status" i obtein:

"maximum vlans supported locally:1"

how can i change this???

i have read that i have to update my firmware and add a new flash card, is it true??

thank you very much

the advanced ip ios image gives you four vlans, otherwise you just have one.

dbakula01
Level 1
Level 1

yes, the router would operate as a level 3 switch