Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

8Gig Port Channel between two 6509s

Hey all,

I have two 6509s that I'm trying to configure an 8 Gig trunk/port channel. I have an 8 port fiber module in slot 3 on both switches. When I use the following command: "set port channel 3/1-8" on it seems to take the command, but if I do "show port channel" it shows two groups:

3/1-4

3/5-8

Is there a limit as to how many gigs a port channel can be? If not, why does it split it like this?

I should also note I'm using dot1q for the trunks using Auto mode on one switch and Desirable on the other.

Thanks,

Scott

2 REPLIES
Purple

Re: 8Gig Port Channel between two 6509s

There used to be a limit on the cards . But i thought they had gotten around that on the 6500 series. Do a "show port capabilities 3/1 and then 3/6 and see if there is restrictions on channeling on your cards.

Re: 8Gig Port Channel between two 6509s

I did a show port cap on the interfaces and I didn't see any sort of restriction. I decided to run the command again 'set port channel 3/1-8 on' and for some reason it seemed to work this time. Not sure what changed, but it's working now.

Thanks for your help!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content