Views
Helpful
Replies

98% CPU Utilization on Cisco 5500 Switch

mphasism6
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Members,

Currently, I am facing a high CPU Utilization on Cisco 5500 Switch. Help me to troubleshoot the root problem. Is there any good tool to figure out the problem. Please email me at nagendra.kv@mphasis.com

3 Replies 3

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

you can issue show processes cpu and check out for the process which is hogging off your CPU..

you can refer this link also for more info on about the process which may hog your CPU..

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps663/products_tech_note09186a0080094956.shtml#typical

regds

Hi PremKumar

Thanks for your reply.

Actually, now we have found out that one of the route-map is really creating the problem in one of the VLAN, when removed the that ip route line.

The CPU processes really dropped.

But, these route maps is must and should required to our network funciton.

Any other solution to avoid this problem will really help

Regards

Nagendra

Hi Nagendra

We need more info on the route-map,the purpose of the route-maps in your switch as well as about the interface placement whether those interface are facing the core or placed facing the user ports.

i think if you can post out the configs here with ur public ips masked we will be able to keyin all our suggestions/workarounds if any ,so that you can fine tune them to avoid the necessary overheads on the CPU..

regds