cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

A 1700 image on 1600 series router???

guibor_p
Level 1
Level 1

Pardon my ignorance but could I use an IOS image from a 1700 series router and use it on a 1600 series router? The current 1600 image does not support NAT nor "IP Address Negotiated".

TIA,

Paul

4 Replies 4

rais
Level 7
Level 7

I dont think you can mix and match these two versions. There must be architectural differences between the two series. But if all you have is that other version, there is no harm in trying. Remember to save your current IOS version before you overwrite it with the 1700 one.

Thanks.

I agree. The image may work, but you would not be able to call Cisco TAC if the problem gets too seriouse because they will not support it without a valid image on the router. I would definitly TFTP you current image before making the change.

Thanks for the replys folks but I need a definate yes or no answer.

Thanks

Paul

Then I would say no. There is no documentatoin to support it, and unless someone successfully tried it, there will be no other answer. Cisco will not support it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: