cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

A bug in IOS version of 12.2(15)T ~ 12.3.5 ?

wukunpeng
Level 1
Level 1

Because I need run GLBP feature and OSPF protocol on four 2611XM in a case.So,I use the IOS which involves GLBP. For example routerA and routerB is running the same IOS version which involve GLBP feature.RouterC and D is running the other IOS version which does not support GLBP. The FastEthernet ports of routerA,B,C,D are all in the same vlan and area 0. I found routerA and B can form OSPF neighbor "Full" relationship each other. But they can not form neighbors with routerC and D,the status always is "EXSTART", and then change to "down". RouterC and D can form normal neighbor each other. I had tried all above 12.2(15)T IOS version in routerA and B, like 12.2(15)T, 12.2(19),12.3.4 and 12.3.5. It didn't work. But after I downgraded the IOS version which does not support GLBP. RouterA,B,C and D can form normal neighbor relationship( Full and Two-way). What's happen in the IOS version which involves GLBP feature?

4 Replies 4

Hello,

I assume you don't have GLBP enabled on router A and B, and you are saying that the IOS version just supports it. In this case, I doubt that it has something to do with GLBP. It could rather be an MTU mismatch problem that causes the neighbor state to remain in exstart. Can you check if the mtu size for all interfaces matches ? Or, you can configure the 'ip ospf mtu-ignore' on all interfaces.

If that doesn't help, can you turn on 'debug ip packet' and 'debug ip ospf adjacency' and post the output ?

Regards,

GP

RouterA and B is runing GLBP,and a few PC can use the same VIP as gateway, but can get different MAC address. GLBP group is OK.

MTU of four router is match.

"Debug IP ospf event", "debug ip ospf packet" and other relevant debug ospf commmands just show me the normal hello packet, without any error output.

Besides, in area0 Win2k server OSPF can form neighbor of "full" or "two-ways" state with routerC and D, but A and B

When I changed all C2611XM model to C2611, all routers can form neighbor of "full" or "two-ways" state.

Could you post the output of debug ip ospf nei when it's broken, from router A or B, after shutting and no shutting the interface on one of the routers that won't form a neighbor adjacency? I know you say this is just normal output, but it might indicate something that's not so obvious.

:-)

Russ.W

Hi,Russ

RouteA(2611XM) and B(2611XM) is on production now. I had downgraded their IOS version to 12.2(13)b, which has not GLBP feature.

I used HSRP instead of GLBP. And on my lab, I just have 2611 routers,it's ok to use IOS 12.3.5 forming OSPF neighbor with IOS 12.2(13)b and Microsoft win2k routers.

So, When I have chance to upgrade the A and B IOS to 12.3.5 and debug ip ospf neighbor, I will send the output message to you.

If you have c2611XM routers, you can try it.The FastEthernet ports of routerA,B,C and D has the same vlan and area number. Router A and B is runing IOS 12.3.5 or 12.2(15)T. RouterC and D is running IOS 12.2(13)b. Can you tell me the result? It a good idea to config the simple OSPF setting on all routers, for example: network 0.0.0.0 255.255.255.255 area 0. In my real case, I have two Microsoft win2k router in the same vlan and area 0. It can form normal neighbor relationship with routerC and D, but A and B. If you have Win2k router, you can try it.

:-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: