Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

A couple of clarification on 8540MSR

I have seen a couple of strange things that I would like to understand better during a cat 8540 activation.

1) Even if the software allows it I'm not sure the dynamic routing protocols like EIGRP is supported on the Ethernet interface on the route processor board.

However it's strange because other routers on the same network can see this interface as eigrp neighbor but from cat8540 I don't see anyone.

2) I configured VP switching only but it's not clear to me why configuring all the interfaces to switch a VP on another one from show running I see all the strings configured shown under only one interface (the destination one); for example

interf atm 0/1/0

atm pvp 10 interf atm 0/0/0 10

interf atm 0/1/1

atm pvp 11 interf atm 0/0/0 11

From sho runn I see this string under the interf atm 0/0/0 only.

After that if I configure something under this interface for example

int atm 0/0/0

atm pvp 12 interf atm 0/1/0 12

I still see this string under this one.

Why ? Does it depends on the interface speed ?

Thanks in advance

Marco

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: A couple of clarification on 8540MSR

EIGRP should work on the RP's ethernet interface. There may be a configuration issue with EIGRP.

Check out this link. It has info on displaying, deleting and confirming your PVP configuration:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/atm/c8540/12_0/13_19/sw_cnfig/vir_circ.htm#xtocid9

Thanks for your kind reply. I have been told from TAC guys that EIGRP is not officially supported for this interface. Regarding my doubt instead they confirmed me that PVP strings are put always under the highest interface number.

Marco

Sorry PVP strings are put always under the LOWEST interface number.

Marco

Views
Helpful
Replies