cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

A general question on high speed 6 Gbps serial links ?

Sounak1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am an applied technology engineer working at DuPont IC packaging and Interconnects. I have a general question on serial data links in routers; I am not sure whether this is the correct forum to pose this question, but I am trying my luck.

I am trying to understand when do systems (routers) that operate at about 6 gbps data links appear in the market in a significant way?

Any pointers and insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sounak

2 Replies 2

donewald
Level 6
Level 6

Sounak,

What 6gbs serial technology are you referring to? I am not aware of any that function at or close to this rate. As for 6gbs and higher data rates in routers there are many out there now. The 10bgs DWDM Gigabit Ethernet is the latest interface that would meet your data rate. These are most commonly found in the 6500 and 7600 platforms.

If you have specifics on what information you need please state the added information.

Hope this helps,

Don

Sounak1
Level 1
Level 1

I am sorry that was note clear.

When I said 6 Gbps serial links, I mean single differential links on the backplane , the current state of the art utilizes 3.125 Gbps differential links(XOWIE) protocol to get to 10 Gbps aggregate link speed.

Thanks

Sounak

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: