cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

about 2620 analog dial in

yongjunh
Level 1
Level 1

in my network ,there was a 2620 with nm-8am modle as the dialin route for remote single user, I config a dial ip address pool for users call in , in the local lan we have the private ip address 10.12.82.0/24 . Now i find the problem when users dial in all the process going correctly ,but the corresponding ip mask were be summary to 255.0.0.0 , so the remote can't access the internal resources.

how can i config the 2620 to give the right ip mask for remote users?

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no way in PPP to allocate a mask to the dialin users. The server 2620 will always install the host route with mask /32 for the ip address allocated to the user.

You may be seeing the mask /8 on a PC getting ip address from 2620, which is ok as windows will by default make it a classfull.

So you will find a host routes installed for the dialin users on a 2620. You just need to configure the routing correctly on 2620 to route the packets between LAN and dialin users.

You may be having ip pool fordialin users from 10.12.82.0 network which is same as ethnetwork so try to change the subnet mask under the eth interface instead.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no way in PPP to allocate a mask to the dialin users. The server 2620 will always install the host route with mask /32 for the ip address allocated to the user.

You may be seeing the mask /8 on a PC getting ip address from 2620, which is ok as windows will by default make it a classfull.

So you will find a host routes installed for the dialin users on a 2620. You just need to configure the routing correctly on 2620 to route the packets between LAN and dialin users.

You may be having ip pool fordialin users from 10.12.82.0 network which is same as ethnetwork so try to change the subnet mask under the eth interface instead.

OR

You can configure the PC's (Or devices) on the ethernet network with the default gateway as the ip address of the ethernet interface of 2620. So that way

internal LAN pc's can reach to the dialin users via router back and forth.