Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

About NTP configrue

I want to my router(2621) get the correct time from a Time Server in LAN which connected to the router, so I config it as :

---------------------------- ntp server x.x.x.x ntp clock-period xxxxxxxx ------------------------------------ then I changed to a wrong time on the router factitiously, but no synchronize happed, I'm sure that the time server is ok becuse I can inspect the NTP packets in the server, and other server can synchronize with it. how can I config it? ---------------------------------------- sh ntp stat Clock is unsynchronized, stratum 16, no reference clock nominal freq is 250.0000 Hz, actual freq is 250.0000 Hz, precision is 2**16 reference time is 00000000.00000000 (00:00:00.000 UTC Mon Jan 1 1900) clock offset is 0.0000 msec, root delay is 0.00 msec root dispersion is 0.00 msec, peer dispersion is 0.00 msec --------------------------------------------------- sh ntp ass address ref clock st when poll reach delay offset disp ~10.137.91.1 0.0.0.0 16 - 64 0 0.0 0.00 16000. * master (synced), # master (unsynced), + selected, - candidate, ~ configured

Thanks!

1 REPLY

Re: About NTP configrue

from the cisco docs:

ntp clock-period

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caution Do not enter this command; it is documented for informational purposes only. The system automatically generates this command as Network Time Protocol (NTP) determines the clock error and compensates.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content