Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Accesing Servers on IP thru X25 network

I have got a link to the X25 network connected using 2600 router, which is on the LAN where I have the other server viz. the mail server, database server.

Can I have a solution where a user dialing in to the X25 network using a dial-up modem can access the servers on the LAN.

3 REPLIES

Re: Accesing Servers on IP thru X25 network

Yes it is possible (if the LAN runs TCP/IP).

Give the user a modem which is conneted to the X.25 network

Connect the modem to a serial port of a Cisco.

Now you can run TCP/IP over X.25 using the "x25 map ip a.b.c.d 123456" command.

Thanks for replying.

The user at the remote end will directly dial into the ISDN network from the serial port of the PC and not the router. There are a few XOT command on the router at the backhaul end which need to be activated. I'm looking for guidance on that.

Bronze

I may not understand the topology correctly, so I'll address two scenarios.

First, if the PC will be dialing into a PAD to access the X25 network, and it ultimately wants to communicate with IP hosts off the LAN, then you will need protocol translation; essentially the cisco will take X25 packets, translate them into IP (and vice versa), and forward them on.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/ftersv_c/dcdpt.htm

If the hosts of the LAN can actually understand X25, then you likely want to have a look at CMNS.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fwan_c/wcfx25.htm#xtocid72

Views
Helpful
Replies