Views
Helpful
Replies

Access between dialers

sra
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I have a Large Scale Dialout implemented on a 3640, with AAA profiles. We use this to dialout to our customers. There are also dialin users which access our network. They all use only 1 dialer interface, which gets its info from the AAA server. Everything works fine.

My problem is that, in some cases, a dialin user needs to access one of our customers. So he dials into the router via the PRI interface and I would like him to be able to make the router dialout a customer. This is not working, the dialer is not triggered, customer is not dialed out..

I am not sure if this working as intended or not. If possible at all, what do I need to do to enable such action ?

Thanks,

Stefan

2 Replies 2

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

With only one dialer this will never work. That dialer is already up so the router thinks that the network on that interface is accessible. You need to configure dialers and host routes for the destinations that you want to dial out to.

It should still be possible to use one dialer for incoming calls.

We also have a 3640 that performs this task. The config for a location contains the following:

- a dialer interface with a dialer string

- static routes to the next hop and to the network behind it.

- passive interface di xx command on the router eigrp cfg

interface Dialer65

description test1234

bandwidth 64

ip unnumbered Loopback1

ip access-group 195 in

no ip directed-broadcast

encapsulation ppp

no ip route-cache

ip tcp header-compression passive

no ip mroute-cache

no logging event link-status

dialer remote-name test1234

dialer idle-timeout 180

dialer enable-timeout 2

dialer pool 1

dialer-group 1

no cdp enable

ppp authentication chap

!

dialer string xxxxx

router eigrp 734

passive-interface Dialer65

ip route 10.52.45.0 255.255.255.0 Dialer65

ip route 10.70.30.221 255.255.255.255 Dialer65

Hope this is sufficient information,

Leo

Thank you for you answer, Leo

Unfortunately, I cant have different dialers, I am forced to use only 1 because I can have hundreds of customers, cant make a dialer for each of them. That's why we use the AAA profiles.