Views
Helpful
Replies

Access list editing issue

tjskier69
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks,

got a 2811 router with 12.4 secure ios on it, with an extended named access list that I wanted to edit.

The weird thing that I cannot see how to add remark statements where I want them.

Some documentation states that you can enter them after a permit or deny entry where it will be located but the remarks ended uo at the bottom of the acl.

Deleting the acl and copying it back again was the only way to resolve this. Any ideas ?

Cheers

Tony

4 Replies 4

jackyoung
Level 6
Level 6

Yes, you have to remove it and add it back.... so I normally use the notepad from windows to edit the ACL.

Hope this helps.

globalnettech
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Tony,

with named access lists, new entries are added at the end of the access list by default. You need to add sequence numbers, in order to influence where you want additional entries to appear. Check the following link for details and sample configs:

IP Access List Entry Sequence Numbering

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1838/products_feature_guide09186a0080134a60.html

HTH,

GNT

thanks for all the replies.

It seems that you cannot sequence a remark statement in the acl.

I guess this will have to be a code update or something, until then the usual edit in notepad etc will have to do.

Hi,

Copy the access list from your router to notepad.

Edit the list according to your needs in the notepad.

Then delete the access list from router by entering a 'no' command.

Then copy the entire list from the notepad and paste it at the 'configure terminal' prompt of your router.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

AbhisheK

Please rate all posts!!!