cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Access List

All,

I would like to block some of the port # through my 2611. The reason of some of the user got lazy and keep playing counter strike game also making the network more traffic. Thanks

3 REPLIES

Re: Access List

Hi,

CS uses UDP ports 27005 and 27015 as default. This can be changed both in the client and server to some other ports. If you apply a ACL on your router, you will also deny these ports for all traffic. Once you apply a ACL....maybe the users will change the ports to continue gaming...

How-to-ACL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080100548.shtml

Maybe you should consider to install an firewall that applies your traffic policy and stops this things.

Hops this helps a bit;

Thanks for the help. I got it block port # 27005, 27015 and it work.But some of them using port 27016 and then I add a deny line in the router but some how they still can play it through 27016. Thanks

As per Jonas said, to block 27005, 27015, you would have created an access list as follows...

access-list xxx deny udp .......27005

access-list xxx deny udp .....27015

access-list xxx permit ip any any - this last line to permit every thing else.....

Now when u found out abt 27016, you would have added a line to accesslist xxx, to block port 27016.

Now the access list looks like this,

access-list xxx permit ip any any

access-list xxx deny udp .....27016.

Every statement added, gets appended to the last of the access-list. So before the deny statement for 27016, there is a permit ip statment, because of which, users might be still able to play Counterstrike, on port 27016.

Solution : - Copy your access=list from the running - config on to a text file editor such as note pad.

Edit the access list to look as follows...

access-list xxx deny udp .....27016.

access-list xxx permit ip any any

The permit statement should come only last. All those which u want to deny should come first.....

Now remove access list xxx, from running config,

Router(config)# no access-list xxx

Copy and paste the edited access list to the router global config mode.

Now users should be blocked on all the 3 ports, viz 27005, 27015 and 27016

Hope that helps!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content