Views
Helpful
Replies

Access Rate and PVC on FR

mcardell
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Good morning all,

I have a network with a hub and spoke topology with FR.

I do not have information about the Link speed and PVC size of existing connections.

Can I find this from "show " commands on my routers without contacticting my SP?

I do not have Traffic shaping configured so no information available.

I have already tried:

Show frame-relay pvc

show interface

show controllers

show frame-relay lmi

I did not find anything interesting.

Any helps is appreciated.

Thanks

Matteo

4 Replies 4

mark-obrien
Level 4
Level 4

Matteo,

"show frame-relay map" will show, among other things, the CIR (committed information rate) of your PVCs.

Mark

I checked that out and that must be new. I recently moved to 12.2 in my WAN routers and before that they didn't even show anything from a frame map because the lines are point-to-point. It is not showing bandwidth on my circuits that use lmi-type ansi. Is that a limitation?

I'm not sure if it's LMI-dependent or not, but I have seen instances where PVCs have 0 CIR. In this case, the map statement does not show a CIR, even to indicate that it is "0". BTW, the CIR indication is BW in the frame-relay map report.

I have point-to-point sub-interfaces on my frame relay interfaces myself, and the CIRs (non-zero) do show up on the maps.

I am curious about any LMI dependency upon whether or not CIR is displayed in the frame-relay map. I'll research, but someone may beat me to it.

Mark

All of my ansi lmi sites are 0 CIR so that may be the difference. I have no way to tell but its very interesting to find out about this.

Thanks