cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Accessing 2924 XL via Acces server problem

gogi
Level 1
Level 1

I can't access 2924xl's console via Access server line on 2509 (reverse telnet). Line on 2509 is OK and console port on 2924xl seems to be OK. Things works with "normal" rollovercable and hyperterminal. What could be a problem ?

10 Replies 10

deilert
Level 6
Level 6

do you have no exec configured on the console of the 2924 ?

No, I don't.

But I do have transport input none and stpobits 1 on console and I can't get rid of it, no matter what I do is coming back after reload.

that does not matter , what is your config register set to ? If it is not 2102 set it to that , try to connect at different speeds with hyperterm .

As I wrote, I don't have problem to access switch via PC (hyperterminal and rollovercable).

Problem is that I can't access via 2509 which is configured as access server. I can use same line to access others switches and routers but not this particulary one 2924XL.

Sorry my bad , Did you try a known good connection ?

on the 2509 do you have transport input telnet on thast line ?

Here's conf on 2509:

>

line con 0

line 1 8

flush-at-activation

modem Host

no exec

transport input telnet

>

It works with other cisco stuff.

are you going through a patch panel ? If you are you will need a stright through from the patch panel because the octal cable on the TS is rolled , If you are using a DB connector check it , sometimes these are rolled . Also try moving the connection to a known good connection .

No, line is plugged directly since they are in same rack.There's no cable issue.

Basicly, when I unplug octal-end-rj-45 cable from 2924 and plug in ie 1924, line is working. I would suspect hardware console port fault if it would not work on PC/hyperterminal, but it does !!!???##&%¤#

Any idea ?

did you try to set the stopbits and the parity on the Ts line to the same as your hyperterm ? if not try that .

I tryed that on both 2509 and 2924 before and now. Did not helped.