Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ACL Manager 1.4 Delete Services

From the Class Manager I'm unable to rename/delete or cut a previous defined Class. It displays: A Service By This Name Does not exist.

However the class is created and displayed in the list. The reason is probably that the service name has a slash (/) included. It there a another way do delete/change it ??

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
3 REPLIES

Re: ACL Manager 1.4 Delete Services

Yes. Whatever you said is correct. If the class name includes a slash (/) then it is not possible to rename/delete/cut. ACLM does not support special characters like /,*,% etc, in class names. That is why it is not working.

Could you tell us the reason why you need a slash (/) in the class name? This will give us some inputs.

There's no real need for using special characters in my case. But I was not aware that these were not supported. I simple want to remove them and use another naming convention. Can I modify the ~CSCOpx/objects/aclm/data/groups file to do this? because the GUI doesn't allow me to do so.

Do the following to remove ALL service and network classes from ACLM.

1.~CSCOpx/bin/pdterm AclmServer

2.Remove ALL the files under ~CSCOpx/objects/aclm/data/groups (just removing improper classes will not help.)

3.~CSCOpx/bin/pdexec AclmServer

However, ACLs and Templates will still contain traces of them, if the classes have been used there. For this you have to manually update each ACE.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.