Views
Helpful
Replies

ACL Manager 1.4 - Download using TFTP

joonyong-chua
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have encountered the following error while trying to schedule a ACL download with ACL Manager 1.4, using tftp as the transport protocol.

(The download was tested ok using the telnet option)

Anyone encountered this problem before and can offer advice?

Thanks.

1. ERROR MESSAGE

#### Pre-download messages start... ####

#### Pre-download messages end... ####

Download Status: FAILURE

#### Download messages start... ####

SnmpResponseGenErr: Error Code is:5 and ErrorIndex is: 0 Check if TFTP service is running on CiscoWorks server.

FAILURE

#### Download messages end... ####

#### Post-download messages start... ####

#### Post-download messages end... ####

#### Rollback messages start... ####

#### Rollback messages end... ####

2. I am using LMS2.1, with ACL Manager 1.4 as add-on on the same machine. (Windows 2000 Server with SP2)

3.The netstat - a shows that tftp is active and running.

4.Also, i seem unable to tftp a config file xxx.cfg (initiating a write network from the switch) to this Ciscoworks 2000 Server. The error shown under the W2K Server's event viewer is

"/xx/xxx.cfg failed, the system cannot find the file specified"

Regds

5 Replies 5

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Ypu may need to open a TAC case for this.

skoshie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Could you please provide us with the following information:

- Check if CMF TFTP service is running by going to Control Panel>Amnistrative Tools>Services

- Is the CiscoWorks server running on a multi-homed machine? You could check the output of : ipconfig /all

- Is there any firewall / access-list configured which could be preventing TFTP traffic between the server and the device. Basically we need to know if the device is TFTP reachable from the server and vice-versa.

- Could you grab SNMP packets between the server and the device once download is initiated (You could use a tools such as Sniffer for doing this). The contents of these packets could help us debug the issue.

thanks,

Sunil Koshie

ACL Manager Team

skoshie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Just wanted to add that your being unable to TFTP a config file from the switch to the CiscoWorks server is the expected behaviour. This is a security feature and a TFTP from the device is allowed only when a file of the specified name is already existing in the tftpboot directory of CiscoWorks 2000.

thanks,

Sunil Koshie

ACL Manager Team

You could open a TAC case or send us the information via email to bkganesh@cisco.com (Ganesh B K) or sunilk@cisco.com (Sunil Koshie).

Thanks,

Ganesh.

ACL Manager Team.

Hi,

Thanks for the advice. I have filed a TAC case (D178365).

Rgds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: