Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS issues kindly help me out

illusion_rox
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys, i am having some trouble in ACS 3.3 so kindly help me out

1) when i configure accounting and check the logs windows, its showing a long list of previous logs (.csv files) how can i delete them ??

2) is there a way possible to take timely backup of the log file on some predefined location on a weekly/monthly basis ??

3) my accounting is working perfect but it doesnt show that from which ip a particular user logged in, so is it possible to also view the actual ip the user logged in from ??

kindly refer me the doc in which configuration are defined or plz tell me how to do all this stuff

thanks

2 Replies 2

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Rox,

1) Is it acs appliance or windows ? There is no way to delete the logs from the ACS Appliance. Each log file that gets generated is 10 MB in size and gets stored on the local hard disk of the Appliance which is 40 GB in size. The logs cannot be sent to a syslog server however the accounting logs can be sent to a Cisco Secure ACS Remote Agent using the Remote Logging feature on the Appliance.The remote agent runs on a computer on your network. It writes the accounting data sent to it by Cisco Secure ACS into CSV files. For more information on remote logging please refer to the link given below :

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_soft/csacsapp/csa

pp33/user/r.htm#wp952361

If you go to system config---->Loggin ---> here you can customized the heads you want to see in a specific reports.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

no its not appliance its on windows, and i m not able to delete the log files (accounting files i mean .csv )

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: