Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Adding 2nd T1 DSU to 2621 prob...

Currently running IOS Ver. 12.0(7)T

We have one T1 DSU right now in WIC1 working fine no problems at all..couldnt be happier.

I Power down the router add the 2nd T1 DSU into WIC0. (nothing fancy)

Power up the router, puts the new T1 DSU into a shutdown.(WIC0)

What happens is, the T1 circut box connected to WIC1 goes into an alarm state and doesnt work, after i install the new DSU. The interface goes into a Serial down, line prot down.

I can pull out the DSU i just installed and everything will go back to normal and work fine.

I Tried a few things and still nothing..any ideas...bad WIC?, pulled the T1 from WIC1 out making sure it wasnt trying to do anything, which im sure it wasnt..maybe something with the provider which i doubt, because it works fine..just have the one card in...but i guess try for anything at this point.

2 REPLIES

Re: Adding 2nd T1 DSU to 2621 prob...

My guess is your current WIC card is showing up as "interface serial0" even though its in WIC1 since its the first serial port found. When you add the new WIC card in WIC0, the configuration for serial0 applies to the *new* WIC card and the old one (that should have the configuration) is now in serial1 (which has yet to be configured).

Did I understand the problem correctly?

Mick.

Re: Adding 2nd T1 DSU to 2621 prob...

heh yea, that actually makes sense i will definatly take a look at that....thanks a lot!

-Tony

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content