Helpful
Replies

Adding Cisco VPN 3030 Concentrator to CiscoWorks

rajesh444
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am unable to add VPN 3015 Concentrator[ver:4.0.4A]

to RME under Inventory. The community string, SNMP server & port settings on the Concentrator have been verified. Following are the CiscoWorks module versions:

RME version: 3.4 [IDU ver: 4.0]

VMS version: 1.2

Is there any other configuration required?

Thanks,

Rajesh

5 Replies 5

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

What is the error message that you get?

The error message is "Could not connect" when attempting to add it to Inventory. On the Concentrator there is only one community string field [under Management protocols], is this for both read & write access by default?

I also verified that the Concentrator allows the CiscoWorks server IP for "Adminstrative access".

Thanks,

Rajesh

Just tried adding one here, works fine. In the VPN box, make sure that under Management Protocol->SNMP, enable box is checked and the default port is being used. Also, under SNMP Communities, the only string is the Read one. So, in RME while adding this box, just add it's read strings along with the correct username/passowrd in the appropriate fields.

Thanks. I was able to add the Concentrator but I am unable to pull up the device under CiscoView or VPN monitor dashboard.

Upon performing a "Check device attribute", I get: Write string: incorrect although the Concentrator has no Write string,Telnet: Not supported, Enable password: did not try.

Please advise.

See http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCdt01490 for details. It will only list IOS based devices that are running VPN-capable images.