cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding Inventory to CW2K

william.tucker
Level 1
Level 1

I have added a node to my inventory. It shows up in my "List Devices" list. Can I poll this node instantaneously so the config will be in CW2K so I can compare configs with another node?

What is the attribute/process within CW2K that controls when CW2K grabs config's from nodes?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

You can do an Update Archive on this device to force RME to update/get it's config. RME uses the transport protocol which the user have defined in the RME Admin settings like telnet, tftp, ssh etc.

At the set interval, will the Inventory Collector get this information as well, or does some other application responsible for the configs?

The configuration archive automatically detects when a configuration change is made and retrieves the new version of the device configuration. The configuration archive can be updated with configuration changes in three ways:

The change probe process listens to configuration changes on the devices through

syslog messages. When a configuration change is detected, the archive retrieves the latest configuration.

You schedule a manual retrieval of all configurations.

You schedule the SNMP poller to detect configuration changes on the device.

You can modify how and when the configuration archive retrieves configurations by selecting one or all of the following:

Listen to Syslog Messages

Config Retrieval Schedule

SNMP Poller Schedule

in RME Administration->Config Management->General Setup->Change Probe Setup