Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Adding WS-C3750G-24T to existing stack

I have an existing stack of four WS-C3750G-24T and need to add a fifth.

1) Am I correct in thinking that I can just break the stack cable chain and add the new switch, then power on the new switch. The existing satck will carry on merrily working away with no interruption to services?

2) The existing stack shows the software version 12.1(19)EA1d, whereas the new switch has a version 12.2 (25) SEB4. Should I upgrade the existing stack software first, or will it sort itself out?

Alan

2 REPLIES

Re: Adding WS-C3750G-24T to existing stack

Hi

Inline with ur second point all the switches in the STACK should have the same ios code installed in them.

For more specs on stacking do refer this link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5023/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00801cdee3.html#74504

regds

Purple

Re: Adding WS-C3750G-24T to existing stack

that is correct , if you have 4 switches you should have a cable that goes from port 1 switch 4 up to port 2 switch 1 , just break it there , run port 1 switch 4 down to port 2 switch 5 then run your cable from port 1 switch 5 up to port 2 switch 1 . This should not affect the others , i believe the new switch will downgrade the code as the stack runs whatever the stackmaster is running . You will need to configure the new ports the way you want them as they will just have a default config on them .

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content