Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

adjusting Tx ring on Ethernet????

Hi,

I have a situation where I have a very busy 1 Gig WAN link which also has to carry voice. I am sometimes finding I get jitter on the voice.

QOS only kicks in when the transmit buffer gets filled. However, how do I view the size of or adjust the Tx buffer on Ethernet interfaces? Is this even possible? You can do this on ATM or serial interfaces. I was wondering whether the same principle might be useful on ethernet. I canot see any mention of doing this in theconfiguration guides though.

Many thanks,

Steve

1 REPLY
Purple

Re: adjusting Tx ring on Ethernet????

Hi Steve,

You cannot can adjust the tx-ring on individual Ethernet sub-interfaces, as you can with ATM PVCs. That is because there isn't a separate hardware queue per ethernet sub-interface as you have with ATM PVCs.

In fact, I don't think that's where you should be looking anyway. What sort of service-policy have you got applied to the interface ? Can you post the output of 'sh policy-map interface' for that interface ?

Paresh

Views
Helpful
Replies