cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ADSL WIC pppoe client and nat problem

wu.rongwei
Level 1
Level 1

The router is 1721 with ADSL wic, the version is 12.2(11).

I have done pppoe client on interface atm, and the ADSL line is up. I can ping internet from the router. Then I want to do NAT overload for local users. I use command " ip nat inside source list 1 interface dial 1 overload".

When any local user began ping internet, the first ping packet succeeded, the subsequence failed. Web browser can connect internet but can not load any page. The problem is strange.

Thank you very much.

4 Replies 4

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try to change the MTU size to 1492 as documented in the following url

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/794/827pppoe_client.html

I have done it. But it can not resolve the problem. And I think it may be NAT problem, ping packet will not increase its size, I can ping successful first packet, the sequence are failure.

Use the

ip tcp adjust-mss 1452

command on the fast ethernet interface. This adjusts the mtu on outgoing packets.

klandsmann
Level 1
Level 1

It sounds like you have the same problem I have been seeing at a home network site (see my Oct. 19th posting ... "Browser(?) issue...") I would like to know if you have resolved your problem yet. In my case, if I connect to AOL use the AOL browser, I can bring up any web page. But IE and Netscape do not load pages. I am still looking for an answer...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco