Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

rob

ADSL with ISDN back up

I have a cisco 2600 router with ADSL and ISDN that had a default route out the ADSL dialer interface. Problem with this is if the ADSL line drops the dialer interface is always up so it black holes all traffic down dialer 1.

To get round this I ran a dynamic protocol over the ADSL with defaut route being distrubuted to it.

I then added a weighted default route with a higher preference to go out the ISDN if the ADSL fails.

This works well but I was wondering if theres a simpler solution than having to run a dynamic protocol across the adsl network?

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: ADSL with ISDN back up

There are variety of solutions available for this.

If you are loking for a simple one then you can try the Back up interface configuration. But I am not sure it works in the ADSL interface

Cisco Employee

Re: ADSL with ISDN back up

Hi,

Please visit

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5413/products_feature_guide09186a00801d862d.html

If you have a latest 2600XM router, you can use SDM (Security Device Manager) to configure primary as well as backup.

Views
Helpful
Replies