I have Ciscoworks2000 running correctly. I also have nGenius RMT1.4 installed, although it has been used from the same server before. I have installed it on other drive, reason lacking of space on C. With different passwords, all changed.
The issue I have is when the nGenius login / password is entered, I get the error message "Login unsuccessful! Could not access the Netscout Server. Make sure it is running". I have stopped and started the Application and confirmed the processes are running.
Also delete the java folders from each user settings.....but no luck.
Please advice me what to do now....??????
Un-install RTM completely and then re-install it again. Make sure that during the install, when prompted for password, the first character cannot be a number and no special characters in the password either. Once the install is complete, install the Service Pack 7 cumulative patch for RTM 1.4 from CCO.
Rizwan, I un-installed and re-install RTM 1.4, I applied the SP9 cumulative patch but still the same error appears to me "Login unsuccessful! Could not access the Netscout Server"
This software is working with LMS 2.2 in the same machine. Is there any restricction in RTM 1.4 and other software of CW2000?
Please check if the nGenius processes below are running in the Windows Task Manager.
If one is missing nGenius won't work, and you won't be able to login.
The most common reasons for nGenius processes failing to start are:
1. You are NOT installing as THE LOCAL ADMINISTRATOR,
but as some other (domain) user that is a member of the Local
2. the disk you are installing to does not have security permissions set to:
Everyone = Full Control
3. using Remote Control software like Terminal Services to install nGenius
4. using special characters in the nGenius passwords, or password starts with a digit
5. not removing the ngenius Local User after uninstalling nGenius
If you can't get nGenius RTM to work, please do the following:
1. uninstall nGenius and verify that all Netscout services and directories are gone
after rebooting. Also delete the ngenius Local User account.
2. login as THE Local Administrator, NOT as a Domain Administrator or User, even
if that user is a member of the Local Administrators group.
3. install nGenius onto a drive that has Everyone = Full Control permissions
4. when the installation has finished, before logging out or rebooting, start the nGenius Server from the Start -> Programs menu to create the database.
5. after a few minutes check the Netscout processes in the Windows Task Manager, there should be the following:
nGenius 1.4 WIN2K Processes
Jorg, I have made all those instrucctions before requesting aid and ngenius doesn´t work. A document exists that it indicates that RTM doesn´t work with DFM in the same server. It can be related the problem?
It is possible, and according to the documentation it is recommended to install nGenius RTM on a dedicated server.
Did you ever solve your problem with NGenius RMT1.4?
I have recent installed the product with SP9 and am experiencing the same error messages.
Any help would be appreciated
Yes, I solve my problem. I made a uninstall of RTM, and then restart the server. To be sure it´s really clean I deleted all the folders of RTM (uninstalled) and revised the registry for any related key. There ins´t any solution to the problem.
I believe the Cisco documentation says....do not install version 9. You must use version 7 and actually log on.(I am not sure if all versions prior to 9 work)
Going straight to 9 just plain doesn't work. There is a bug.