cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-AP1252AG-A-K9 convert lightweight to autonomous

dchirica
Level 1
Level 1

I've just purchased two  AIR-AP1252AG-A-K9 from newegg.com. I though I purchased the autonomous units but turns out they shipped the lightweight variand. I need to use the Web management console so I wanted to load the Cisco IOS by using TFTP server. My question how can I download the software. I believe the latest is c1250-k9w7-tar.124-25d.JA1.tar  I have a CISCO basic account but when I try to download is asking for:

To Download this software, you must

and have a valid service contract associated to your Cisco.com profile. If you do not have a service contract you can get one through:

• Your Cisco Account Team if you have a direct purchase agreement with Cisco
  • You Cisco Partner or Reseller

Once you have the service contract you must associate your service contract to your Cisco.com user ID with

Profile Manager

I think this is bad support from CIsco. I think I deserve support by buying the hardware. They were more then $800 a piece.

Any suggestion is very much appreciated. Thank you,

--Dan

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unfortunately nowadays that is the strict Cisco policy about their software after people cheated the previous "honor system" for decades.

You can pursue the issue with the reseller, or try to obtain the software differently.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: