cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet AP1200 Not Seen in Topology

pbunchuk
Level 1
Level 1

I have 4 AP 1200's. In Campus Manager toglogy display view I get the IP and a red box/?, I have the package installed for the AP1200. How can I get it to go green?

I notice on the AP only the snmp trap community is available. How do I set the read-only/read-write strings?

7 Replies 7

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

What is the version of Campus Manager and is this AP1200 running IOS or VxWorks?

O the AP I am running 12.02.T1

CW2K = Campus Manager 3.2 with IDU 3.0

When you move your mouse cursor over this AP1200 icon in the topology map, do you see the correct device type in the small pop-up window or it's sysObjectID like 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.5.29 ?

All I get is the IP and (unknown).

Either the SNMP strings do not match with Campus and/or there's a SNMP timeout.

The AP now shows green but still has a "?" mark. Right click on the device gives the IP and "CiscoProducts.525"

Anyway to get ride of the "?" mark and have it display Aironet?

CiscoProducts.525 means that Campus is showing it's sysObjectID since it's not able to find out what this device model is. Login to your CW2K and udner Server Configuration->About ANI Server->Device Support check to see whether this CiscoProducts.525 is listed against an AP1200 or not. I think I know what your problem is:

- AP1200 when running VxWorks has a sysObjectID of .474

- When a AP1200 is converted from non-IOS (VxWorks) to Cisco IOS, its SysObjectID changes to 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.525, which corresponds to 1210 and 1230 models (Cisco IOS). And this is not currently supported by Campus Manager. I believe that some IDU of Campus 3.3 will support this.