Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Alternate to a route map (pbr)

Okay so I have learned the 4232-L3 can not do a route map since it is hardware based. Can anyone suggest any alternatives since I can not do this.

The only thing I can come up with is to drop another router in the picture but that is not feasible in this situation. Is there anything else I can do on that 4232-L3 now since the rotue map is not available?

We are trying to migrate several links coming into the switch to a new outgoing link and wanted to do them one at a time. Since the route map is not available we may have to do them all at once if we can not find an alternate.

Thanks,

Greg

3 REPLIES

Re: Alternate to a route map (pbr)

can you post more details about what exactly you were trying use policy-based routing to accomplish? this will help determine if you have a feasible alternative.

are you trying to route traffic based on source address or what?

Yes I am trying to route based on the source subnet over to a new link brought up on the 4232-L3 G1 interface which is a routed interface. The current outbound link is done via a portchannel vlan. There is about 6 port channel vlans coming into the switch and we want to move one of them at a time over to the new link, so we planned to do this using route maps.

Thanks,

Greg

unfortunately, routing decisions based on source address can only be accomplished by policy-based routing. unless you can come up with a different design that does not require a source address forwarding decision, i think you are out of luck. sorry.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content