cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

An Apparent Trunking issue??

bth_dad
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 3500 switch with a dot1q trunk back to a Cisco 2950-24 switch. The trunk crosses a 2 bridges that converts from Ethernet to T1 and back. All traffic traverses this bridge just fine EXCEPT Internet traffic. All vlans directly connected to the 3500 can get to the Internet just fine, but the traffic on the otherside of the bridges, that comes through the 2950, gets a couple hops out to the Internet then dies. If I change the from the port from a dot1q trunk to an access port on a vlan, all traffic off the 2950 that is on that Vlan can get to the Internet just fine. It only hoses up when I have trunking turned on. Any one seen anything like this and can you give me an idea of where to start looking? Thanks

Todd

1 Reply 1

vkapoor5
Level 5
Level 5

You can probably try 'traceroute' and see what is the difference when you have trunking on and off. This will give you some clue as to where the packet gets dropped.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: