Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Analogue dial in solution with ISDN?

I have a 3640 with a 4BRI-S/U WAN module. I am looking for a sample config of how to setup the router to accept incoming analogue and isdn calls via the BRI's. Can anyone help?

Thanks

Wayne

5 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Analogue dial in solution with ISDN?

For analogs call through the BRI, they will need to be terminated on the internal digital modems (NM-xDM).This should help:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk379/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080093c6e.shtml

Thanks,

Mak.

thanks Mak

It is exactly what I need.

Wayne

Can other routers be used(ie:2650 with NM-4A/S), or is this limited to the 3640? Can I still use the BRI interfaces to backup a serial interface and will the config accommodate ISDN dial in?

Thanks

Wayne

Silver

2650 with NM-4A/S can be used to connect external modem to the async line...note, here we will require a direct POTS line plugged into the external modem.

The other option is, using a NM-xAM / WIC-xAM (built in Analog modem) where we can directly plug in the POTS line.

The connection through the BRI for terminating analog calls will required internal digital modems (as mention in the previous posting).

Yes, the BRI can be used for serial backup & modem dialin...problem will arise if there is going to be contention for the BRI for backup reasons when we have a modem call riding on the BRI. Other way is to reserve a certain BRI interface for backup & the other can be used for analog calls.

Thanks, Mak.

thanks Mak

Views
Helpful
Replies