Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

ANI Server failed to run

I am setting up CiscoWorks LMS in a new install. I have installed all the packages and updates, but the ANI server will not run. The ANI server log display the following:

MESSAGE AniMain: Properties will be read from C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\campus\etc\cwsi\ANIServer.properties

Informational: ANIServer starting Cisco Process Manager communication thread

2004/03/03 14:22:02 Thread-2 ani ERROR DBConnection$ConnectionCreator: Failed to establish DB connectivity because: java.sql.SQLException: JZ00L: Login failed. Examine the SQLWarnings chained to this exception for the reason(s).

2004/03/03 14:22:02 main ani ERROR DBConnection: Failed to acquire metadata for connection because of null DB connection

2004/03/03 14:22:02 Thread-3 ani ERROR DBConnection$ConnectionCreator: Failed to establish DB connectivity because: java.sql.SQLException: JZ00L: Login failed. Examine the SQLWarnings chained to this exception for the reason(s).

2004/03/03 14:22:02 main ani ERROR DBConnection: failed to connect to db via db-url jdbc:sybase:Tds:localhost:?SERVICENAME=aniDb

2004/03/03 14:22:02 main ani ERROR AniMain: failed to connect to db via db-url jdbc:sybase:Tds:localhost:?SERVICENAME=aniDb

ANI Server cannot connect to the database. Please stop and restart the System. If this does not work, please contact technical support.

Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: ANI Server failed to run

Could be two things, bad install or java. From your notes it appears you have CM3.3 on Windows. If you haven't installed LMS mega patches then you need to make sure that you have only Java plug in 1.3.1 (not other java will work),If you have LMS mega patch installed then only 1.4.1_02 you need. Try uninstall and reinstall java. If that doesn't help then go to command prompt and change directory to

CSCOpx/bin reinitdb.pl -restore

Hope this helps.

Community Member

Re: ANI Server failed to run

I tried all the suggestions. Reinitializing the database is the one that solved the problem.

Thanks for the help.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content