Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ANI Server reinitialization question

I have the ani database with items that no longer exist on the network. I have tried deleting them and they just reappear. They are not in RME, but show up as ip address and unreachable in campus. I did the reinitialization per the instructions on the cisco site, and discovery started upon which time I got all the same stuff back. Is there some way to get a new clean database and start fresh?

Thanks in advance

pat

3 REPLIES
Blue

Re: ANI Server reinitialization question

reinitdb is the script to clean up the db completely. You can also setup discovery filters in ANI to block Campus from discovering in the ip address range that these devices belong to.

reinitdb would have you think it works in the dos window. However, when done and the discovery finishes, I still have the same data I had prior to the reinitdb. This includes routers that have not been on the network in 6 months.

Make sure that you change your seed files before you do the reinitdb. If the device is still in the seed file, it will reappear as an unreachable device.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content