cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ANIServer discovery metrics

bothamc
Level 1
Level 1

I am running CW2000 suite on HP-UX 11.00.

I am concerned that the ANI discovery is being done to quickly and I am not seeing the whole picture.

I cannot find anywhere to change the discovery period. It takes about 2-3 minutes to discover a network with 320 switches/router devices and a workstation base of 2400.

Server Configuration->Diagnostics->Discovery Metrics

Does not indicate anything under Total devices, New devices, Deleted Devices, Devices perHour or Objects PerHour.

Is this normal ? I do not have another installation to compare with.

5 Replies 5

minielsen
Level 2
Level 2

All discovery settings (seed and filters) are done from "Server Configuration > Setup > ANI Server Admin > Discovery Settings".

Remember that ANI uses CDP. If CDP is disabled on an interfaces discovery stops there. In that case you need more seeds or synchronization between RME and ANI. RME can be populated manually or from an external NMS like NNM or NetView.

Note also that you can put on trace for ANI. This could help you troubleshooting your problem.

BR. Michael.

Note BTW that Cisco has announced EOS for CW2000 on HP-UX and AIX. More info on http://www.cisco.com/warp/partner/synchronicd/cc/pd/wr2k/cpbn/prodlit/1626_pp.htm.

Thanks for the reply.

I have comfirmed that CDP is running and that I can retrieve it manually with snmp.

I have used two of my distribution switches as seed devices. These are two 6509 running Catos 5.3(1a)CSX.

I am not seeing some of these devices directly connected to the 6509's.

Another thing to check is your SNMP community strings on the devices. If the community strings are different, you need to specify the correct ones in the SNMP Settings section.

andrea.meconi
Level 2
Level 2