cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyone config'd 802.1q using a 3620 and a 2950? Need a working example cfg

gokada
Level 1
Level 1

Seems intervlan routing doesn't work under a 802.1q trunk between a 3620 and a 2950Cat running classic ios. Router is using 12.0(7)XK2 IP Plus and switch is running 12.1(6) Enterprise Ed.

Having problems with native vlan matching between switch and router. Need someone's working config to compare with because 802.1q trunk is not giving me the results I expect as ISL. ISL reacts much more cleanly and is simple. 802.1q sample configs are not too helpful....they don't describe a specific "real-world" case....

Please Help ANYONE???!!

2 Replies 2

rfroom
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The following link has a sample config.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/473/50.shtml

The only issue with configuration between ISL and dot1q is the Native VLAN. The Native VLAN on dot1q is not tagged and must be the router configuration belongs under the main interface and not a subinterface .1

Thank you for your answer, however, I have tried using the one in the example you pointed out and it doesn't work properly. Do you have a config of the router and switch both using Cisco CLASSIC IOS that is running and working fine?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: