cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyone else seeing this: 3550 does not appear in Switchclouds?

rpeasah
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running Campus Manager 3.2 and none of my 3550s show up in the Switchclouds. I opened a TAC case and the Cisco Engineer told me that's how it's gonna be. That is, the 3550s are not gonna show up in the SwitchClouds. They're gonna be treated as layer 3 devices. Is anyone experiencing this? I want to be very sure of this before I open my mouth too wide. Kind of odd that Cisco will do this since these switches can be deployed at the edge and in fact that's exactly what we're gonna be doing in a few months.

4 Replies 4

milan.kulik
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

I'm running Campus Manager 3.2 and and I see my Cat3550 (running c3550-i5q3l2-mz.121-12c.EA1.bin, configured as a "router on the stick") in Layer 2 View, in LAN Edge View, in VTP Domains.

On the contrary:

RME3.4 -> Inventory -> Hardware report -> All routers doesn't list my Cat3550.

So I would say that Cat3550 is considered as L2 device by Ciscoworks.

Regards,

Milan

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I can also see my Cat3550s in the same way as you're seeing yours. However they don't show up in the Switchclouds and that is of a major concern since we're gonna be deploying these at the edge with users connecting directly to them. Does any of yours show up in your Switchclouds?

Hi,

I'm using only one 3550 in my network currently. It's configured as "router on the stick" with only one trunk up and all other ports are down now.

So I think that considerng my 3550 as L3 device is correct.

I can see it in LAN Edge View but not in any Switchcloud.

I don't know if it would be seen in Switchclouds if configured not to provide routing.

But I agree there is some strange in classifying of 3550 in Ciscoworks - it's not displayed as a router neither as Catalyst L2/L3 switch in RME hardware report, e.g.

Regards,

Milan

greg.smith
Level 1
Level 1

Try patching CiscoWorks with the latest Incremental Device Updates located in the software center. There are recent updates for Resource Manager Essentials, Campus Manager, and Common Management Foundation.