Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Apply ACL on SVI's

Hi

Can anyone explain me in detail.

for e.g i have 2 vlans vlan 10 and vlan 20.

if i want to block traffice from vlan 10 to vlan 20 i can apply the acl inbound to vlan10 SVI am i right.

suppose if i want it to block at svi vlan20 in which direction should i apply it.shall i have to apply it inbound to svi vlan 20..?

Thanks

Mahmood

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Apply ACL on SVI's

Yes. You can apply an inbound ACL on VLAN 10 SVI. You could also apply outbound or inbound(depends on your actual Access-list entries) on VLAN 20 SVI but it is always a good idea to apply ACLs closest to the source VLAN. This way it does not get switched/routed and then get dropped.

Hope this helps.

PS:Remember to rate useful posts.

Re: Apply ACL on SVI's

HI

prkrishn

Thanks for u r reply.it got me cleared some issues but i am little bit confused in terms of SVI"s and physical interfaces on a router.with the above scenario if we take it in terms of a router i can apply the acl inbound to ethernet interface and outbound to serial interface am i right...?

and on the next router if i want it to block i can apply the acl inbound to serial interface and outbound to ethernet interface am i right..?

Thanks

Mahmood

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content