cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Applying DMZ and NAT together on a 1700 router

Hi.

I need to set a computer on the DMZ so it has a static routable address, that together with runing NAT on the same router. I use a 1750 with 1 T1 card. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance.

Amir

2 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: Applying DMZ and NAT together on a 1700 router

If I understand your problem correctly, that is you want to runa DMZ directly out of the router, it is certainly possible. Just for curiosity's sake, do you not run a firewall? This would be a better place to do NAT and you could then set up a DMZ in the area between the 1750 and the firewall. In any case, to do what you describe you will need a second ethernet interface in the 1750 for the DMZ and then you will configure a subnet for your publicly addressed server(s). Finally you will make sure you are NATing the primary inward-facing ethernet interface correctly. If you need more help with this, you can email me.

Gary Jackson

Community Member

Re: Applying DMZ and NAT together on a 1700 router

Thanks Gary.

I thought I won't have a way out but purchasing a WIC-1ENET card. We run NAT and ACL as our form of protection. Do you think this is not secure enough?

If anyone has an example of setting such a scenario it would be welcomed. Thanks again.

Amir

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content