Views
Helpful
Replies

AS 5300 problem

shahnawazmir
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Forum,

I am using AS 5300 for dialup.My billing/Radius server is on another location which is connected on digital radio link.My problem is that after some uptime radius stop pinging my access server and access server also stops pinging Radius, however both are pinging other machines on network.this makes user who get themselves disconnected from AS 5300 remain hanged on radius and others wont get authentication while one or more users are hanged. I have to restart AS 5300 each time and after restart it start working fine.Billing on other location where billing server is present working fine.I am facing this problem on remote site.Can any one help solving this problem. I will be very great ful. Thankx in advance.

Regards

Shah Nawaz Mir

3 Replies 3

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Need to know what exactly happens when AS5300 looses the connectivity to radius server. Try to use a "traceroute" to radius server from AS5300 and see how far it succeed towards radius server.

Somehow routing brekes between radius server and AS5300. Traceroute should proove the issue about who is dropping packets. You might need to have traceroute when it works and when it dosen't work, just co compare.

makchitale
Level 6
Level 6

Need to better understand a couple of things:

1) The digital Radio link that connects the NAS to the Radius server, how is this connection achieved on the as5300? Connected to the serial port on the controller card / modem?

Maybe instead of reloading the as5300 just doing a shut / no shut on the interface / link will help.

2) When you say they stop pinging each other but can ping other hosts.....does the Radius end have it's local area network & is the Radius able to ping host there or across the Radio link (host on the as5300 end).

When they stop pinging each other need to see the following:

sh ip route x.x.x.x (where x.x.x.x is the ip address of the Radius server)

If the above looks ok, then need to see debug ip packet detail (with access list) ......y.y.y.y is ip address of as5300.

access-list 101 permit ip host y.y.y.y host x.x.x.x

access-list 101 permit ip host x.x.x.x host y.y.y.y

Ping from Radius to NAS & from NAS to Radius for below.

deb ip packet 101 detail

Thanks, Mak.

zahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Shahnawaz, you might also want to keep an eye on show interface statisticsfor the interface thats connected to the RF device to see if there are any input/output errors and/or drops. Also, I would focus on the RF devices that connect the two sides together.

~Zulfi