Views
Helpful
Replies

As5300 and V.92 modems dropping connections

mitchell_kohn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Does anyone know of any problems in which a V.92 type of modem will not connect to our AS5300 ? The IOS is kind of old (12.0(4) XJ4? This first started happening today ?

Thanks,

Mitch

4 Replies 4

makchitale
Level 6
Level 6

12.0(4)XJ4 does not support v92....if these modems were connecting fine till now (w/o the v92/ v44 features) means there could be some thing else that changed that is causing this problem. Or maybe there some particular vendor modems that are not being able to connect (actually shoulld not be the case)

I would recommend upgrading the as5300 IOS/ MICA portware to take care of some interoperability issues plus updating your modem driver may help in these situations. Also can we try disabling V.44 on the client modem & see if they connect fine.

Thanks, Mak.

Hey Mak,

Thanks for the reply.I also opened up a TAC call and got the same answer. I found that I need to update my Mica firmware to 2.9.4 , but I also need to update my IOS. I think I am going to use 12.1(20) c5300-d-mz, but I am waiting to see what TAC suggests. When a Judge can't dial up, I try to resolve this ASAP.

Mitch

Hi Mitch,

Yes, based on the Flash/DRAM onboard you can upgrade to the latest IOS that fits the memory, however we can flash in 2.9.4.0 seperately.

Also ensure we have the correct modemcap for 2940.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/471/recc_modemcaps.html

Thanks, Mak.

Hi Mak,

Long story short...I applied 12.2 (xB12) and lost my Vlan info. I had to download back using xmodem. Now, the same notebooks that were having problems are not. FM. I may try firmware 2.7.4 for Mica modems and the right modemcap. I also need to find out how much MEM-16F-AS53= cost to support the IOS and ISL functionality.

Thanks,

Mitch

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: