Helpful
Replies

AS5300 callback

intosea
Level 1
Level 1

Dear sir,

I have two AS5300, Each of them have two CE1 ports, so there are 120 circuits

total,all of the circuits are Dial in circuit, all the circuit have the same called number, Becaue the sinal between the As5300 and service provider is E1 R2, so the circuits can be dial in or dial out, But can't be dialin and dialout both.

Now I want to add the callback function for the customer, So I change the 52 circuits in the first as5300 and 53 circuits in the second AS5300 to be dial out circuits. But I think in such situation, It'll occur a problem, When 52 users dial into the first AS5300 and implement callback successful, the first AS5300 will have no dialout circuits to use, But the dial in circuit maybe is not busy, so when the next user dial into my system, the call may use one of the 8 dialin circuits in the first AS5300,But in fact, the First As5300 has no dial out circuits,

so it can't callback, But the fact is another As5300 have many dialout circuits which can be used. Do you know there are some technology to solve the problem? Thanks!

Benny

3 Replies 3

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Good design issue. After lots of thinking for this issue, there is not straight forward way to achive what you are looking for. We need some external device which can make that decision to offload the callback calls to other AS5300.

One best way to resolve this issue is to have Telco load balance the incoming calls between those two AS5300. Like 1st incoming call goes to 1st AS5300, 2nd goes to 2nd AS5300 and 3rd again goes to 1st AS5300 and so forth. That way both the AS5300 will have nearly even call distribution for callback as well.

One point to make sure here is, if AS5300 have to callback for 53rd call, it will greb one of the free ds0's(out of those 8 reserved for dialin), and dialout as AS5300 have no way to know that ds0's are configured for dialin out dialout on telco switches. Dialout call on those 8 ds0's will be blocked by telco but AS5300 will keep on doing that.

So the best way is to have telco control that.

Dear tepatel,

In your article you mention that we need some external device, Is the external device a router act as a offload server?

I also request the telco to control the call,But they said they don't know how to do that, so I have to process the problem in my site,thank you very much

Benny

Yes..using SGBP or LSDO that can be possible. We need to think on it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: