Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

AS5300 config file

I would like to back up the config file of my AS5300 and then edit it and then use the edited version for the config file. Can this be done and if so how?

7 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: AS5300 config file

With a TFTP server:

copy running-config tftp

edit the config on the tftp server

copy tftp running-config tftp

Community Member

I was able to copy the startup config to a tftp server and edit it at the tftp server, then I copied it back to the startup config file on the AS5300 and it wrote to it but when I reload the access server it says that you can not change the hunt group ppp configuration. What I want to do is add the line ppp multilink to the serial 0:23.

Bronze

If there are config errors (either outright errors or placement errors) the parser *should* respond with some feedback once you copy the config from the TFTP server to the cisco. Regardless, it sounds like you have serial0:23 as a rotary-group member (dialer rotary-group X), in which case you config changes should be on the dialer interface. If that is not the case, send along the serial0:23 config.

Community Member

Here is the serial 0:23 and dialer 1

interface serial 0:23

no ip address

encapsulation ppp

no ip route-cache

no keepalive

dialer rotary-group 1

dialer-group 1

isdn swithc-type primary-ni

isdn incoming-voice modem

no fair-queue

no cdp enable

!

interface Dialer1

ip unnumbered FastEthernet0

encapsulation ppp

no ip route-cache

no ip mroute-cache

dialer in-band

dialer idle-timeout 1800

dialer-group 1

peer default ip address pool default

no fair-queue

no cdp enable

ppp authentication pap chap ms-chap

ppp multilink

ppp multilink interleave

!

Bronze

Any config changes for Serial 0:23 should be made under the dialer interface, since this is a rotary member. You already have MPPP enabled under the dialer interface, so there is no need to make the change that you want.

Community Member

I agree with you that the ppp multink config in the dialer1 should make the multilink work but I keep getting an error on connection. Is there any way to modify the orginal config setup with out having to redue the whole set up?

Bronze

I would suggest that we start a new thread regarding the error you are seeing (I'll see that post, too); it seems like that may be the real problem versus a TFTP/config problem.

I'm not sure what you mean by "modify the orginal config setup with out having to redue the whole set up". If you go into config mode whatever command(s) you enter take effect immediately; there is no need to redue anything. If you want to remove the serial interface from the hunt group (even though there is no indication yet that this will make a difference), then you simply need to remove "dialer rotary X" from the serial interface, and all the dialer interface config commands will be copied over to the serial interface, which will now act on it's own.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content