cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AS5300 configuration assistance

daniel.kline
Level 1
Level 1

I am attmpting to configure an AS5300 to accept incoming calls from analog devices over an ISDN PRI and connect them directly to an IP device on the LAN side for data upload. I wish this process to operate without human intervention and, therefore, require that the access server automatically forward the calling device to the IP server (SUN OS) upon connecting. I am able to get the correct modem pool to accept the call, but once connected I receive a "as5300>" prompt instead of being forwarded to the IP server. I have tried using the autocommand telnet and autocommand udptn commands to no avail. What other autocommands are available to accomplish this task?

I have reviewed the following url: http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/700/14.shtml, but my "called" device has a LAN connection to the access server, not an aync connection. Below is the line configuration I am currently using:

line 4 13

no exec

no exec-banner

no vacant-message

modem DTR-active

modem autoconfigure type usr_sportster

autocommand udptn 129.41.132.163 14105

transport input all

transport output none

telnet speed 2400 38400

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Dan

6 Replies 6

dbellazetin
Level 4
Level 4

Dan,

You'll want to change modem DTR-active to Modem Dialin or Modem InOut. DTR active will not allow incoming connections, it is used to specify that those lines are for outbound calls.

Then configure an ip host alias for your Server.

ip host Server Port IpAddress

line 4 13

autocommand telnet Server

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

I require this dialup access to be unattended.

Are there other (auto)commands I can use that might not require login information to be passed to the host server? I see some sample configurations that use autocommands such as CONNECT or RLOGIN. Is there a list of acceptable autocommands somewhere that I can reference?

Will the autocommand execute with the NO EXEC statement applied to the line configuration? Do I even need the FLOWCONTROL NONE command?

Regards,

Dan

Here is how we do it. AS5400 has a voice t3 and 648 modems. Calls automatically open connections to the host credit1 (port is defined in the ip host statement). I dont have a NO EXEC statement. I cant remember if that was causing the login prompt or maybe the /quiet option got rid of it.

line 1/00 6/107

no flush-at-activation

modem InOut

modem autoconfigure type bell212

autocommand telnet credit1 /quiet /noecho

transport preferred none

transport input all

transport output lat pad telnet rlogin udptn v120 lapb-ta

escape-character NONE

telnet transparent

autohangup

dispatch-timeout 250

here's some notes from a doc I wrote 2-3 years ago.

"The Access server is also configured with a dispatch timer to make it forward data every 250 milliseconds. This was necessary because the asynchronous message from the store ends with an LRC (Longitudinal Redundancy Check) which makes the last character of a message random. The dispatch timer guarantees that the LRC will be forwarded within 250 ms.

The lines in the AS5400 need to be in exec mode but to keep from losing LRC characters that by chance calculate to ASCII 1E (the ASCII Record Separator character or RS) the escape character is set to NONE. (The escape character is normally a RS.)"

Rjackson, your config suggestion appears to have done the trick. Is there any way to modify the telnet message displayed on the connecting terminal? When autocommand telnet hostname is executing you get a message like "Trying hostname (IP Address, Port)... Open". Can that be modified to read something different?

Thanks,

Dan

I think thats what the /quiet option on the autocommand does.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: