cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

AS5300 Console Access problem

Hi

I have a serious problem with AS5300 I can't access it by telnet and forgot the password of auxiliary access and when I try to access it with console I always pass the hardware check test but when I press the break button I get nothing and at the end I have the message "Console is available" but pressing any key including the "enter" and "break" buttons will repeat the message without any result so I can't access the access sever and can't access the rommon screen. How can deal with this problem. I restarted the AS5300 several time without any use.

Please help. I want to clear the NVRAM because I might have an error in the configuration.

Thanks for your fast response.

Weam

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: AS5300 Console Access problem

From what you say, it lools like your keystrokes are not getting recognised. Check your terminal settings like badu rate, parity, flow control and try various options. This could be a possible cause.

Bronze

Worst case, pull the flash and boot.

Hi

Thank you for your reply but the terminal settings are fine since I can access any other cisco devices through the console withthe same PC the problem is in the Access Server itself, I think that there is something faulty in the configuration maybe that stop me from access. I need to clear the nvram by hardware. Can I do that?

Thanks for your help.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content