cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AS5300 crashes

dboutell
Level 1
Level 1

One of our AS5300's has started crashing daily. This machine has 192 modems. We have contacted the telco and they are saying that they can find no reason on their end for this to be happening.

We have taken the machine down, cleaned it and re-seated all of the cards, modems, ram, etc. But it has not helped.

Reading the "Troubleshooting router crashes" pages on Cisco's site it talks about the "show version" command and "show stacks" command. However they also say that I will need to use the "Output Interpreter" to interpret the stuff from "show stack".

Well, I can't find the "Output Interpreter" anywhere on the link that you are pointed to.

I have left a laptop plugged in to this machinge to try and capture the information when I issue the show stack command because we can't telnet in to it when it starts crashing.

I am asking for help finding this "Output Interpreter" and also any help that anyone can give me finding the cause of this problem.

2 Replies 2

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here is the url for that..

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Stackdecoder/stackdecoderinput.pl

You need a cco login to access that.

Pl. post it here, i will be happy to decode it for you.

Thank you very much, I might just take you up on that. Right now it has been up for 1 day, 17, hours. I just hope that the next time that it starts crashing is when someone is here so that we can capture it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: