korg
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I have a Cisco AS5300 router with the following specifications:

- IOS Version 12.0(7)T

- 120 terminal lines

- 4 channelized E1/PRI ports

My question is, would it be possible to have 2 dialup numbers in 1 AS5300 router ? Say for example, the dialup number for the first 60 ports (1st and 2nd channelized E1/PRI ports) is 111-1111 and the second set of 60 ports (3rd and 4th chanelized E1/PRI ports) will have a dialup number of 222-2222 ?

Please site the advantages and disadvantages for this kind of setup if it's possible to integrate 2 dialup numbers in one box.

I just would like to know if I will be needing an additional AS5300 for my requirement or not.

Thanks,

Korg

7 Replies 7

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can have as many dialup numbers as you want. Its between you and telco company providing that E1/PRI. AS5300 does support that. Its telco which will route the call to AS5300 for all the numbers. No need for another AS5300.

There are many things you can do with multiple dialup numbers. For exa. modem pooling.Visit following link for that

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk801/tk36/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080093c2c.shtml

It works for PRI line as well.

Hi,

Thank you for your immediate response however I can't access the link you've given. The site is asking me for a username and password and I've tried the account in accessing this forum but it doesn't work.

Please help me on how to access the site.

Thanks,

Korg

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can just issue a search on www.cisco.com for "modem pooling on AS5300" and you will see the link for non-registered users. Good luck.

Thank you for your reply, I'll try the link you gave.

Hi,

I went over to the site that you gave me but the sample there is for T1 controllers or line.

Would it be the same if I have E1 controllers installed on my Cisco AS5300 ? If not, could you point me to a specific example that I can use as a reference ?

Thanks,

Korg

zahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes it would be the same. Ofcourse for T1 you have "pri-group timeslots 1-24" while for E1 "pri-group timeslots 1-31" under the controller along with framing and linecoding accordingly. Similarly, in case of T1 the D channel is "interface serial0:23", while for E1 its "interface Serial0:15". Please note that the given URL has sample config for E1 CAS instead of E1 PR1 which is what you have. But modem pooling configuration is not dependent on that. So it still holds good for your question.

~Zulfi