Views
Helpful
Replies

AS5300 ppp/used modem

mehrdad
Level 3
Level 3

Hi ,

we are using as5300 and 6 E1lines (2E1 are down) , sometime we see on our mrtg graphs that explain modem use great than ppp use about 10-15 numbers.

i checked our controllers, didn't have any frame loss and our E1 didn't flapping , anybody advice me , why some time we have this problem?

i would be appreciate if you advice me.

Regards,

M.Arshad Rad

3 Replies 3

makchitale
Level 6
Level 6

If I understand correctly, do you mean to say that we see the number of PPP calls less than the number of modem calls (as reported in the MRTG)? The modem will registed a PPP as well as an exec call...so this is possible.

Please explain little more in detail if you tried to indicate the problem as some thing else.

Thanks, Mak.

thank you for your reply.

yes, it's possible that ppp calls less than modem calls but why sometime more different between ppp calls and modem calls?

how to solve this issue?

Regards,

M.Arshad Rad

If your Access servers are configured only for PPP dialin, then the difference between the modem calls & PPP calls indicate that we have calls that connect on the modem layer but then fail before successful PPP negotation.

These type of calls will not indicate a lower csr since the call is counted as successful ( since modem layer is connected)...

The best way to capture this behaviour is by enabling calltracker (depends what platform you have) or modem call record terse.

Thanks, Mak.