Views
Helpful
Replies

AS5300 "Password Expiry Feature" not working

msdesai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We are using AS5300 for Dialup. AS5300 is configured to use Raidus using Windows Database (ACS v 3.2). I am trying to configure AS5300 so that when user dialin first time it will ask them to change there password. ( I had enable "User must change password at next logon" under User properties).

It's not working.

It's works fine for VPN Contrator 3005.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

vkapoor5
Level 5
Level 5

I too observed the same problem. According to my idea, the problem might be due to incompatibility issues. So, I think only the way is to uncheck "User must change password at next logon" and look for other alternatives.

If you are still wondering about this. Are you using post-dial terminal window for the dial-in users? There is no interaction between MS DUN and the RAS box as far as this is concerned. The reason it works with VPN 3000 is the client presents the change password prompt to the user. If you use post-dial terminal window then the user will get prompted. Its the way PPP works.

Hope this helps

Will

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: